Guidelines for Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSC) providing privately contracted armed security personnel (PCASP) on board ships
The benefits of ISO 28007-1:2015
Certified to ISO 28000, ISO 28007 provides sector specific additional requirements for the effective management of privately contracted armed maritime security companies operating in high risk areas.
ISO 28007 builds on ISO 28000 to help you design and implement your maritime security management controls. These include...
- deploying armed guards.
- key aspects of supply chain risk management.
- a strong onus on you as a security service provider to identify upon who and how your operation impacts, and who impacts you.
- consideration of clients, regulations and legal governance (for both you as a company, and those you deploy on task).
- managing employees and subcontractors (including selection, training and on-going competence),
- consideration of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
The requirements encompass core security and supporting business functions, and your supply chain.
Like any effective management control system, ISO 28007 need to be driven by the senior management team, and resourced.
The audit process we will guide you through...